Google Play Developer Program Policy Update

Google Play no-reply-googleplay-developer at google.com
Thu Jan 28 20:18:29 GMT 2021

View as webpage

Google Play

Developer update

Hello Google Play Developer,

We're writing to let you know about upcoming changes to our Developer
Policy Center. We make updates from time to time as part of a continuous
effort to make Google Play a positive experience so more developers around
the world can build sustainable businesses.

After speaking with developers and thoughtfully analyzing how our policies
and app review processes can help protect users and developers, we're
expanding our Real-Money Gambling, Games, and Contests policy. All changes
will take effect on March 1, 2021.

Here's what's changing:

We're expanding the number of countries where developers can publish
licensed real-money gambling apps to include: Australia, Belgium, Canada,
Colombia, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway,
Romania, Spain, Sweden, and the United States. (Existing permitted
countries include Brazil, Ireland, France, and the United Kingdom.)
We're introducing new requirements for gamified loyalty programs.
We're also updating various portions of our Real-Money Gambling, Games, and
Contests policy with additional examples to provide further clarification.

Thank you for continuing to partner with us to make Google Play a
trustworthy platform for you and your users.

REVIEW UPDATES

The Google Play Team

Connect with us

© 2021 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA

You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you
about important changes to your Google Play Developer account.