AW: What's the state of Marble on Windows?

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Tue Apr 13 14:18:23 BST 2021

Hi Johnny,

> Note that I'm neither a maintainer nor a user so I just checked that
there were no crashes, I didn't use a lot of features.

I guess at this point you're in the closest position to being our
Maintainer of the "Marble for Windows" packages.

Thanks for your work!

Best regards

Torsten

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: What's the state of Marble on Windows?
Datum: 2021-04-13T15:11:09+0200
Von: "Johnny Jazeix" <jazeix at gmail.com>
An: "Guilherme" <guimarcalsilva at gmail.com>

Hi,
I've started to work on it a few months ago and working on it when I have
free time (which is not a lot) :<https://phabricator.kde.org/T13423>
The current state is: there is a Windows build in the binary factory:
<https://binary-factory.kde.org/view/Windows%2064-bit/job/Marble_Nightly_win64/>
The issue is that, recently, the shortcut to run it starts from
%USERPROFILE% and not the binary directory. It causes the images not to be
loaded and a black screen instead of the map.
To fix it, we need to look into the Marble code to check why the path is
relative to the execution directory and not the binary.

Note that I'm neither a maintainer nor a user so I just checked that there
were no crashes, I didn't use a lot of features.

Johnny

Le mar. 13 avr. 2021 à 14:51, Guilherme <guimarcalsilva at gmail.com
<mailto:guimarcalsilva at gmail.com> > a écrit :
  Hi everyone!
  I have to ask something: What's the state of Marble on Windows? Is it
  considered fully stable? Are there any missing features or critical bugs?
  Is it missing a maintainer? I'm working on this task to bring more KDE
  apps to Microsoft Store<https://phabricator.kde.org/T14122> and I'd
  appreciate getting some feedback. Currently I'm checking if apps are in a
  stable enough state to get published there.

  Thanks.