AW: What's the state of Marble on Windows?

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Tue Apr 13 14:03:14 BST 2021

Hi,

> I have to ask something: What's the state of Marble on Windows?

well, Marble allows for two different compilation flavors:  Marble-Qt-Only
and Marble-KDE.

So far we've always preferred to advertize the Qt-Only version and offerted
that one for download.

This Qt-Only-version has been pretty stable in the past. I don't know about
the Marble-KDE version.

> Is it considered fully stable?

Yes, it should be.

> Are there any missing features or critical bugs?

There are certainly a handful minor features that are not supported on
Windows - however the wide range of regular features are fully supported.

> Is it missing a maintainer?

Up to my knowledge we have no long-term person that would feel responsible
to create the Windows-Build.
A person that would

* regularly create builds,
* would test them extensively
* would advertize the  builds to app stores
* and feel responsible to verify every now and then that the package still
works.

would be highly appreciated

> I'm working on this task to bring more KDE apps to Microsoft Store
<https://phabricator.kde.org/T14122> and I'd appreciate getting some
feedback.
> Currently I'm checking if apps are in a stable enough state to get
published there.

Thanks for your work!

Best regards