Marble website futur

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Wed Aug 28 15:16:38 BST 2019

Hello marble devs,

Sysadmin is currently moving all the websites to a new server (T11299). Marble
still run on the old server because of the database needs to be moved too. So
I have multiple questions ;) Is the website still needed (can the information
be moved to the wikis and just use kde.org/applications has homepage) and if
it's not the case and the website is still needed, I wanted to know if the
marble devs are interested to move the website to jekyll and the kde jekyll
theme[1]? This will allow to have a faster website using the same theme as
kde.org, konsole.kde.org, userbase.kde.org and others.

I'm currently busy doing something similar to the kphotoalbum and umbrello
websites, but I will hopefully get more times after. If someone in the
meantime want to start and take some up to date screenshots and make a list of
outdated part that need to be updated/removed. This could be very helpful. :)

Cheers

Carl Schwan

[1]: https://invent.kde.org/websites/jekyll-kde-theme