Review updated Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement

Google Play googleplay-noreply at google.com
Tue Apr 16 01:52:45 BST 2019

View as webpage »

Google Play Developer update

Hello Google Play Developer,

We're continually striving to make Google Play a positive experience for
both our developers and our users. For this reason, we've introduced the
following changes to the Developer Distribution Agreement (DDA):

We updated the terms to reflect where Google is acting either as your agent
or as a marketplace service provider depending on the country where you
distribute your Product(s) and that Google will market your product(s)
subject to your control and direction.

We are expanding language to allow Google to deduct withholding taxes from
developer payments when either (a) the carrier notifies Google that it is
required by local law to withhold taxes, or (b) Google itself is required
by local law to withhold taxes.

We improved wording and organization for clarity and readability.

We updated the DDA and relevant support articles to accomplish the above
changes and to clarify there are no changes to our approach if the United
Kingdom ceases to be part of the European Economic Area in the future.

These changes will go into effect starting May 15, 2019 for existing
developers, and immediately for all new developer accounts created as of
April 15, 2019. No action is required on your part.

REVIEW DDA UPDATES

The Google Play Team Conversation Globe

© 2019 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA

Email preferences: You have received this mandatory email service
announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Play
Developer account.