KDE on Android sprint in València
vkrause at kde.org
Sat Sep 29 10:19:48 BST 2018
On Thursday, 27 September 2018 16:58:35 CEST Aleix Pol wrote:
> As we discussed with some of you in the past, it would be interesting
> to have a KDE on Android sprint sooner than later. Today I had a call
> with Alejandro (Slimbook CEO) who'd told me that they have some space
> available we could use.
> We preemptively discussed doing it the week-end of the 24th November,
> we could extend it from Thursday to Monday too.
> Would you be interested in participating?
Thanks for driving this Aleix!
The weekend of the 24th works for me, I could likely only extend this towards
In terms of possible topics, here are some ideas:
KF5 on Android:
- notification via KNotifications: does that API work for Android? can we
build this without requiring widgets and dbus?
- async access to content:// URLs: seems to match the KIO API, does it make
sense to use that?
- Intents vs Purpose: would Purpose be usable as a platform abstraction for
intents, using system intents on Android and its own implementation on Linux?
- how can I customize the build for my app? (e.g. enabling static builds of
individual libs, add/remove individual dependencies, etc)
- where is the meta data for apks/F-Droid coming from?
- how do we do app releases?
- poppler >= 0.69 requires the LLVM STL rather than the deprecated GCC one,
probably more to follow in the future. How do we deal with this/can we switch
entirely/what are the side-effects of switching?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the Marble-devel