Google Play Developer Program Policy Update

Google Play noreply-developer-googleplay at google.com
Mon Oct 8 18:43:51 BST 2018

View as webpage »

Google Play Policy updates

Hello Google Play Developer,

We're writing to let you know about a recent update to our Developer Policy
Center. We make updates from time to time as part of a continuous effort to
make Google Play a positive experience for both developers and consumers.

This email is to inform you of recent changes we've made to our policies,
which are highlighted below.

We've clarified our Malicious Behavior policy prohibiting surveillance and
commercial spyware apps.
We've clarified our Designed for Families program requirements and
Primarily Child-Directed Declaration guidelines to help ensure accurate
representation of an app's targeted age group.
We've updated our User Data and Permissions policies, including adding
specific restrictions on the use of the Call Log and SMS permission groups.

You will have 90 days from the date of this announcement to make your apps
compliant with this updated Call Log and SMS permissions policy.

We've updated our Enforcement section to explain the extent of our policy
coverage, including the actions that we may take on apps that violate our
policies.

Also, please be advised we will be removing access to contact interaction
fields from the Contacts Provider API within the next few months.

We encourage you to review these policy updates carefully in case any of
your existing apps are impacted.

Aside from where explicitly noted, any new apps or app updates published
after this notification will immediately be subject to the latest version
of the Developer Program Policies. If you find an existing app in your
catalog that isn't compliant, please fix the app and submit it again, or
unpublish it, within 30 days.

REVIEW UPDATES

The Google Play Team Conversation Globe

© 2018 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.

Email preferences: You have received this mandatory email service
announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Play
Developer account.