Routes are not showing in the Marble Maps Android app

Sanjiban Bairagya sanjiban22393 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 09:48:47 UTC 2017

Hello team,

Routes are not getting displayed in the Marble Maps Android app. This is
happening because the two runners that we are using to fetch the routes
there, that is, *OpenRouteServiceRunner* and *CycleStreetsRunner*, are
failing to work as expected. The network replies for these network requests
<https://paste.kde.org/pcl6pbtfl/ka5ml9> are emitting error signals (
*ConnectionRefusedError* and *UnknownNetworkError* respectively) in both
runners, in the following two code lines respectively:
1. *OpenRouteServiceRunner* :
https://github.com/KDE/marble/blob/2551ee5f85ab9fe84f2e7d4f3883ec4e1563f595/src/plugins/runner/openrouteservice/OpenRouteServiceRunner.cpp#L116
2. *CycleStreetsRunner* :
https://github.com/KDE/marble/blob/33eff9bc4ea9581dc3d84783f62747463f2c047e/src/plugins/runner/cyclestreets/CycleStreetsRunner.cpp#L126

This is resulting in no routes being shown between locations in Marble Maps
when searched for the same. And I just checked that this issue exists in
the production app present in the Play Store itself. Does someone have an
idea about what could be done to resolve this issue?

Regards,
Sanjiban