Google Play Developer Program Policy Update

Google Play googleplay-noreply at google.com
Wed May 17 22:05:28 UTC 2017

Announcement from Google Play

Google Play View as webpage

Google Play Developer Program Policy Update

Hello Google Play Developer,

It's time once again to update our Developer Policy Center. We update our
policies periodically to align with industry practices and to continue to
maintain a safe community for developers and consumers. This email is to
inform you of recent changes we've made to our policies, which are
highlighted below.

We've revised our Malicious Behavior policy to clarify our position on
downloading executable code.
We've updated our Ratings, Reviews, and Installs policy to further clarify
our position on incentivized installs.
We've published additional policy requirements for the distribution of
Android Instant Apps via Google Play.
We're sharing 10 tips to help you stay on the right side of Google Play
policy. We hope you find the video helpful!
Please take a look at the Developer Policy Center to see the changes and
make sure your app complies with our updated policies.

Any new apps or app updates published after this notification will be
immediately subject to the latest version of the Program Policy. If you
find any existing apps in your catalog that don't comply, we ask that you
fix and resubmit the app, or unpublish it within 30 calendar days of
receiving this email. After this period, existing apps discovered to be in
violation may be subject to warning or removal from Google Play.

REVIEW UPDATES

Thanks for supporting Google Play,

The Google Play Team

Icon Icon Icon

Email preferences: You have received this mandatory email service
announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Play
Developer account.