Google Play Developer Program Policy Update

Google Play noreply-developer-googleplay at google.com
Wed Aug 2 17:55:10 UTC 2017

The latest developer policy updates from Google Play

Google Play View as webpage

Google Play Developer Program Policy Update

Hello Google Play Developer,

We're always working to make Google Play the most trusted community for
both developers and consumers. As part of this effort, we've made some
updates to our Developer Policy Center, which are highlighted below.

With this policy update,

We've introduced new policies on gambling apps, which are currently
permitted only in the UK, Ireland, and France.
We've clarified our User Data policy to provide detailed guidance on
prominent disclosure.
We're now hosting Android Instant Apps policies in a new category dedicated
to other Android programs.
We're now hosting content rating guidelines under our Store Listing and
Promotion category.
Any new apps or app updates published after this notification will
immediately be subject to the latest version of the Developer Program
Policies. If you find any existing apps in your catalog that don't comply,
please fix the app and submit it again, or unpublish the app within 30 days.

REVIEW UPDATES

Thanks for supporting Google Play,

The Google Play Team

Icon Icon

© 2017 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You have received this mandatory email service
announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Play
Developer account.