Review updated Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement

Google Play googleplay-noreply at google.com
Mon Apr 17 04:05:30 UTC 2017

Announcement

Review Updated Developer Distribution Agreement

Hello Google Play Developer,

We're continually striving to make Google Play a positive experience for
both our developers and our users.

In order to do this, we've introduced changes to the Developer Distribution
Agreement ("DDA") to make clear that it covers the existing and new
services provided to developers through Google Play.

Additionally, we have introduced changes that allow us to subtract the
developer share of refunds from developer payouts. This includes those
refunds issued more than 48 hours after the purchase. This supports our
continued emphasis on providing a high quality Play experience for both
users and developers, matches customary practices in retail, and aligns our
policies with the majority of app and game stores in the industry.

This email is to notify you that these DDA changes will be effective
starting May 17, 2017. No action is required on your part. You can view the
updated DDA here.

The Google Play user refund policy, which includes information about when
we might provide refunds to users, is not affected by this change.

To help you maintain a fair ecosystem in your app or game, we recently
launched the Voided Purchases API. You can use the API to identify voided
purchases and use this information to implement your own clawback strategy
for in-app items.

REVIEW DDA UPDATES

Regards,

The Google Play Team

Icon Icon Icon Icon Icon

Email preferences: You have received this mandatory email service
announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Play
Developer account.

So that we can send you more relevant information, please let us know your
role and update your email preferences in the Google Play Developer Console.