Asking a question about marble maps

Dennis Nienhüser nienhueser at kde.org
Tue Nov 1 17:11:59 UTC 2016

Hi all,

here's another quick update on the state of vector tiles:
- we are able to generate vector tiles from country size input files
now. Germany for example is processed in less than 24 hours.
- country borders are handled properly now
- there are a bunch of speed and style improvements at various places

However we don't reach the desired frame rate (always at least roughly
10 fps on modern hardware) on Android yet. Therefore I moved the release
date of Marble Maps again, see [0]. Feel free to help out, many tasks
are described in our board [1] already. Ping me (Earthwings) or Torsten
(tackat) in #marble in Freenode for details. Thanks for your patience
:-)

Regards,
Dennis

[1] https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/38/