[Marble-devel] Marble is looking for Summer of Code Students

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Sat Mar 19 11:08:04 UTC 2016

Hello,

This year the Marble team is looking for students who want to participate in Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2016.
So if you're a student and if you want to spend your summer break writing code and learning about open source development while earning money, please check out the GSoC website:

https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/

Deadline for all applications is March 25, 2016.

You can either submit your own idea for a project or choose from our list of ideas:

https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2016/Ideas#Marble

If you have your own idea please discuss it with us (Dennis or me) beforehand.
We strongly suggest that you discuss your application with us before you submit it.

The ideas we are most interested in are related to topics like:

- vector rendering
- OpenGL support
- Marble on  Android

So far we haven't received any applications yet, so chances are still looking pretty good.

Best Regards,