[Marble-devel] Google Play Developer Program Policy Update

Google Play googleplay-noreply at google.com
Tue Mar 1 19:08:23 UTC 2016

Hello Google Play Developer,

We're excited to announce the launch of a redesigned Google Play Developer
Policy Center, an online resource which strives to provide developers with
greater transparency and insight into our program policies.

This redesign includes a new organizational structure for the Developer
Program Policies, which are now grouped into six themes. We've also
introduced detailed guidelines and visual examples to help you better
understand the policies.

In our continuing effort to make Google Play the most trusted community for
developers and consumers, we also took this opportunity to update a few
policies in accordance with current practices. This email is to notify you
of the latest changes to our policies, a few of which are highlighted below.

We've updated our Ads policy to prohibit inappropriate ads.
We've clarified our Ads policy to prohibit certain ad behaviors that
interfere with device functionality.
We've introduced restrictions on apps that try to bypass system power
management features under the Device and Network Abuse policy.
We've clarified our User Data policy to include a privacy policy
requirement when collecting contact/phonebook data.

Any new apps or app updates published after this notification will be
immediately subject to the latest version of the Developer Program Policy.
If you find any existing apps in your catalog that don't comply, we ask
that you unpublish the app, or fix and republish the app within 30 calendar
days of receiving this email. After this period, existing apps discovered
to be in violation may be subject to warning or removal from Google Play.

Thanks for partnering with us to deliver the world's most innovative and
trusted apps to over a billion Google Play users. We're always looking for
feedback, so please take a minute to check out the new site and tell us
what you think!

Thanks for supporting Google Play,

The Google Play Team

Email preferences: You have received this mandatory email service
announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Play
service or account.