[Marble-devel] sgp4 licensing

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Mon Jun 13 10:46:04 UTC 2016

Any news on this?

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [Marble-devel] sgp4 licensing
Datum: 2016-06-01T09:56:06+0200
Von: "Torsten Rahn" <tackat at t-online.de>
An: "Maximiliano Curia" <maxy at gnuservers.com.ar>

It took me 30 seconds to come up with:

http://www.celestrak.com/publications/AIAA/2006-6753/faq.asp

"Are there any Licenses required to use the SGP4 code?
There is no license associated with the code and you may use it for any purpose—personal or commercial—as you wish. We ask only that you include citations in your documentation and source code to show the source of the code and provide links to the main page, to facilitate communications regarding any questions on the theory or source code. "

These requirements are fulfilled as per the README included in the sgp4 directory with Marble.

Is that enough?

Best Regards,
Torsten

-----Original-Nachricht-----