[Marble-devel] What's new in KReport & KProperty & Predicate

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Sun May 24 09:30:39 UTC 2015

Hi Jaroslaw,

Am 24.05.2015 00:10, schrieb Jaroslaw Staniek:
> On 23 May 2015 at 15:39, Dennis Nienhüser <earthwings at gentoo.org>
> wrote:
>> Hi Jaroslaw,
>>
>> Am 23.05.2015 00:43, schrieb Jaroslaw Staniek:
> The only thing I noticed: on install it ignores that lib64/ is the
> right destination on my x86-64:
>
> -- Installing: /home/jarek/dev/inst5/lib/libmarblewidget-qt5.so.0.21.20
> -- Up-to-date: /home/jarek/dev/inst5/lib/libmarblewidget-qt5.so.22
> -- Up-to-date: /home/jarek/dev/inst5/lib/libmarblewidget-qt5.so
> -- Removed runtime path from
> "/home/jarek/dev/inst5/lib/libmarblewidget-qt5.so.0.21.20"
>
> I had to cd lib/; cp -R * ../lib64/.
> The RUNPATH is OK though, e.g.:
>
> % readelf -d `which marble` | grep RUN
> 0x000000000000001d (RUNPATH)            Library runpath:
> [/home/jarek/dev/inst5/lib64]

when running the same here I don't have a RUNPATH entry. I'm wondering
whether our software stack (cmake, kf5, ecm) behaves differently or
whether something in your build environment is different to mine. Are
you building Marble standalone or via some wrapper that compiles
multiple projects at the same time?

I can reproduce a RUNPATH entry when I add --enable-new-dtags to the
linker flags (like KDECompilerSettings.cmake does), however it does not
end up with a 64 suffix. I'm working on a x86_64 as well. If I pass
-DLIB_SUFFIX=64 as another cmake option, I end up with the same RUNPATH
entry as you, however it does install correctly to lib64. LIB_SUFFIX is
a cmake option added by Marble.

My goal for now is to understand why things end up differently on our
systems, and then fix it to reach a consistent installation. One quick
fix would be to use ECM globally in Marble, with the nice side-effect of
reducing our CMakeLists.txt complexity further. This needs to be
discussed in the Marble community first however as ECM would become a
mandatory build-time dependency (Marble does not depend on KDE software
so far, just Qt. Maybe we can blur that a bit now that KF5 is there as
'thin Qt addons'). The alternative is to mimick KDE behavior manually in
our cmake files, which is prone to end up with subtle differences like
the above.

Regards,
Dennis