[Marble-devel] GSoC 2015 Student introduction

Dávid Kolozsvári freedawson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 21:09:04 UTC 2015

Hy,

My name is David Kolozsvari, 2nd year BsC student at the University of
Debrecen, Hungary. I would like to participite at the GSoC 2015, as a
developer for the Marble project. I have experience developing in C++(c++11
and 14 too) Qt(4 and 5), and this year we developed a project named
"Justine - Robocar City Emulator and Robocar World Championship" which
strongly depends on OSM data.
I was looking for a GSoC project idea that suits me and my skills(and
interests me), and I think the project ideas related to Marble are perfect
in this way :)
I'm really excited about it, though I would like to have some help or/and a
more in-depth explanation of the project ideas, because I don't know which
suits me the best, every project idea sounds interesting:

   - Project: Starting to edit OpenStreetMap Data
   - Project: Turning Marble into a small GIS system
   - Project: Statistical Data Visualization and Extending Marble Game

I already have left a message at the #marble IRC channel, though this is my
first time using IRC so I don't know when should I expect an answer(maybe
it's too late for chating in this hours). I would really appreciate any
information and advice related to GSoC and the project ideas proposed by
Marble.

Thank You,

Sincerely
David Kolozsvari