[Marble-devel] Going forward with KDE Frameworks 5

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Mon Jun 1 17:01:02 UTC 2015

Am 24.05.2015 20:05, schrieb Dennis Nienhüser:
> I'd suggest to merge it to master now and fix
> any remaining issues there. Please bring up any concerns with that
> here within the next days, otherwise I'll go ahead.

Here we go... commit cf11588 is a squashed commit of the
kde-frameworks-5 branch. Please give it a try and report (or fix
directly) any issues that come up.

I cleaned up the build system a bit. Some noteworthy changes are:
- The QTONLY option is deprecated in favor of WITH_KF5. In reality you
shouldn't have to bother with any of them: If KDE is found, the Marble
KDE application is built, otherwise not.
- The QT5BUILD option is improved and does not need to be specified
anymore. If both Qt 4 and Qt 5 are installed, by default Qt 5 is being
picked up. If only Qt 4 is there, Marble compiles against Qt 4.

If needed you can check MARBLE_VERSION against 0x001516 to see if this
is KDE 4 or KDE Frameworks 5 code.

Regards,
Dennis