[Marble-devel] Help with marble python bindings

Alessandro Cantelli Forti alessandro.cantelli.forti at cnit.it
Thu Feb 12 16:47:57 UTC 2015

Hello Benjamin,

I am a resercher and would love to use marble for plotting some radar
output on a map. I would love to use the python bindings but it took to me
one full day to debug all missing libs on Debian 8. I could then compile
marble.so but when I import it I get:

Python 2.7.8 (default, Oct 18 2014, 12:50:18)
[GCC 4.9.1] on linux2
>>> from PyKDE4.marble import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initmarble)

Can you give me some advice or tell me which versions will work from git?

All my bests.

Alex

--

Ing. Alessandro Cantelli Forti