[Marble-devel] A small intro about myself

Sanjiban Bairagya sanjiban22393 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 19:38:07 UTC 2014

Hi all,

My name is Sanjiban Bairagya, a 3rd year BTech student studying Information
Technology in NIT Durgapur, India. I have been a contributor to Marble
since April of 2013, and have been selected in Google Summer of Code this
year.

I am going to work on implementing interactive tours in Marble for my
project. The Tour Widget will be containing much more user-friendly
features, visually more easy to use and understand, add a slider to control
the tour playbacks, work on the interpolation concept to create a path
which the camera would follow to create a nice "fly to" effect when going
from one tour location to the other. I would also implement time support
for different time ranges in Marble tours, add support for showing/hiding
placemarks as parts of a tour, and implement features for being able to
view routes as tours. I would also make recording tours, and generating
videos from tours possible in Marble.

Hoping I don't disappoint :)