[Marble-devel] adding a french map to marble

Adrien Grellier perso at adrieng.fr
Fri Dec 5 17:37:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

The french community of OpenStreetMap made a custom rendering of OpenStreetMap adapted for french people : all the names are in french (very nice for countries like Russia or China…), some symbols are changed (eg. bread for bakery, etc.)

You can consult it here :
http://tile.openstreetmap.fr/

I like a lot this rendering, and marble too. So I have made a map for using this rendering (osmfr) into marble. The code is here (managed by mercurial) :
https://adrieng.fr/cgi-bin/hgweb.cgi/osmfr/

It may be a good idea for french people to be able to download it directly from marble (File->Download maps)… but I haven't found a way to do it :

is there a repository for contributed maps ? Or is it directly integrated to marble ?

Can you point me some links on how to do it ?

Best regards,

Adrien