[Marble-devel] Marble 1.7 Release

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Wed Oct 23 08:42:48 UTC 2013

Hi,

it's that time again where we're close to a feature freeze. Let's make
sure all features we'd like to be part of the next release are merged
into master in time! Please note that the KDE release schedule [0] has
been adjusted to be shorter. One of the changes is that there is no soft
freeze anymore, hard freeze happens directly next week on Wednesday
(Oct. 30).

Here are a couple of features I'd like to see integrated into the next
release still:

Qt 5 support
############
There's a review request at [1]. Please help with testing (Linux,
Windows, MacOS, Qt4, Qt5, all combinations welcome).

Directory structure reorganization
##################################
Does some changes to the locations of library and executable files for
better separation. I'd work on that one (i.e. update [2]) once the Qt5
support is merged.

Owncloud bookmark sync
######################
A review request [3] left from Utku's GSoC project. I'd like to work on
fixing the remaining issues to have it become part of the next release.

There are a couple of other recent changes that might still be pending,
but I'm not sure about their current state:
- OpenGL scene graph
- Ground overlay editor
- Spherical projection panning
- GPX track support in elevation profile
- Panel visibility toggle action

And possibly more. Any help on shortening the list is appreciated :-)

Regards,
Dennis

[0] https://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.12_Release_Schedule
[1] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/113392/