[Marble-devel] Marble framework for Mac OS X

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Fri Oct 11 18:39:21 UTC 2013

On Thursday, 2013-10-10, Mohammed Nafees wrote:
> I am trying to make Marble.framework to make incorporating marblewidget on
> OS X apps lot more easier. For this, I have already made the XCode project
> and I have some success on this. But, there is one hindrance that is making
> this process more hectic. The problem arises with '#include something.moc'
> in the source files. Can we get rid of this? What is the immediate
> solution?

There are two options for incorporating the MOC generated code:
1) let MOC generate .cpp files which are then compiled and linked like any
other C++ source

2)include the generade code using the include statements you found.

The latter is needed if the .cpp file it is included in contains class
declarations with Q_OBJECT marker, e.g. declaring a QObject class in main.cpp.

I think it is also considered to be faster because it avoids another compiler
invocation.

I guess the question is: what kind of problem are you experiencing? Is MOC
running too late in the build process? Does it put the files some place the
compiler can't see when seeing the include?

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring