[Marble-devel] Minimal Qt version: Increase from 4.6 to 4.8?

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Fri Jul 19 20:12:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

at the moment we require Qt 4.6 or later to build Marble*. From what I
recall Debian stable is a good indicator of the oldest version of Qt
that should be supported. Debian stable now has Qt 4.8 since the wheezy
release (May 2013). Given that we are currently running into a possible
problem where using functionality only available in Qt 4.8 and later
might be the best solution I'm wondering if we can update our Qt
requirements to Qt 4.8 for the next release (1.7, early 2014).
Does anybody see a problem with that? Please speak up in that case.

Regards,
Dennis

* In reality it might even be Qt 4.7