[Marble-devel] Unable to use Natural Earth downloaded maps

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 14:16:00 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor at ukr.net> wrote:

> Please use standard methods (File → Download Maps... (Ctrl+N)) to download
> and install Marble maps.

I'm sorry but I am not sure why the method given in the official
website http://marble.kde.org/maps.php would NOT be considered a
"standard" method. I had problems downloading from within the app
which is why I downloaded manually. Can you look into your
~/.local/share/marble/maps/earth/ directory and tell me whether or not
the within-the-app-downloaded files are placed there? If they are,
then it should make no difference which way I download it...

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा