[Marble-devel] Unable to use Natural Earth downloaded maps

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 01:54:47 UTC 2013

Hello. I am using Kubuntu Saucy with default KDE version 4.11.2 and
Marble 1.6.2.

I tried to download the Natural Earth maps from
http://marble.kde.org/maps.php but the links there are invalid so I
had to manually go to http://files.kde.org/marble/newstuff/maps/ and
downloaded the tar.gz files there.

I untarred and put them under ~/.local/share/marble/maps/earth i.e.
now i have under maps/earth subdirs like naturalearth etc. Now if I
load up Marble I see the names Natural Earth etc under the Map View
pane Theme section, but if I select any of them, I'm only getting a
dark earth with only clouds visible (and some shaded topography below
the clouds).

BTW the files which I downloaded from the newstuff URL above are:

naturalearth2layered-marblemap.tar.gz
naturalearth2shading-marblemap.tar.gz  naturalearth-marblemap.tar.gz

At the same time I also downloaded blackmarble-marblemap.tar.gz and
that one is working fine. Only the naturalearth ones are not working.

Please help.

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा