[Marble-devel] Problem searching placemarks

Jessica Leigh blackwednesday at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 03:29:39 UTC 2013

I'm using MarbleWidget in software I'm developing that runs on Mac OSX,
Windows, and Linux. I'm currently working on a Mac, and going through the
Marble tutorials that are relevant. I've gotten to the search tutorial (
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/Runners/Search) and I've run into a
snag: no search results are found. I've copied and pasted the code from the
tutorial exactly as is into a source file, compiled it successfully, and
then when nothing seemed to be happening, I added a line to check the size
of the searchResult QVector (its size is 0).

I suspect this is related to an oddity that I noticed earlier, in the
GeoDataPlacemark tutorial (
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/Runners/DisplayGeoDataPlacemark).
In that tutorial's screenshot, many names of places appear (Europe, and
multiple large European cities). When I compile the tutorial (exactly as
is), I have the placemark for Bucharest that's added in the code, but no
other names appear.

Is this specifically a Mac OSX issue? If so, is there a workaround that I
can use so that I can still distribute my software to Mac users? The marble
binary that was installed when I installed the library seems to work (both
displays names of places and allows searching).

I've also posted this on the KDE forums, apologies for the redundancy.

Thanks,
Jessica