[Marble-devel] New website content for marble.kde.org

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Thu Oct 25 11:18:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

at the sprint in Prague we discussed improvements for our websites,
especially the first page people see. The most important goal is making
it easier to understand what Marble is. One consequence is that we'll
move much content away from edu.kde.org/marble (where the URL and the
inherited page headers make Marble appear much more specific than it
actually is) to marble.kde.org.

I created tasks for these improvements in [1]. The new content can be
found in a git repository [2] and there's a preview of it hosted at [3].
At this point I'd like to get some feedback on the content and layout
existing so far before moving on to add the remaining stuff.

So if you have some spare minutes, please visit [3] (should work fine in
desktop, tablet and smartphone) and give some feedback here or in IRC.
The intended audience is quite wide-spread: Mostly end-users, but also
developers (those wishing to use Marble as a libray and those looking
for a project to contribute to) and maybe even "decision-makers" and
some random visitors. The challenge is to keep the amount of content
small, yet include all information and place it appropriately such that
everybody finds what he is looking for (or pointers to it).

The new content can easily be modified assuming HTML/CSS knowledge. Just
clone the git repository [2] and point your browser/editor at
index.html. So far Torsten and me have write access to the repository,
but I'd like to see more contributors (both Torsten and me can grant
write access).

Regards,
Dennis

[1] https://projects.kde.org/issues/7