[Marble-devel] Adding a GeoDataPlacemark to a MarbleWidget through GeoDataDocument

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Thu May 24 11:59:02 UTC 2012

Hi Cezar,

Yes, it's pretty clear why this happens:

The GeoDataDocument-based approach is completely different from the GeoPainter
one:

For plain GeoPainter-based rendering you have to "micromanage" what appears on
the screen for every single frame on the screen. So it's similar to QPainter-
based rendering where you do this stuff in the paintEvent-method.

The idea of GeoDataDocument is completely different: you feed the model _once_
with your data and the rendering for all subsequent frames is done for you.

What your code does is this: You feed the model with a new document for every
single repaint. So you don't get just 4 placemarks but just as many as
repaints (that's a lot). The reason that you don't see the dozens of other
placemarks is that there just 4 valid positions for the labels.

So instead of overwriting customPaint() and adding your Documents inside that
Implementation you need to do it in a place that is just called once - that
would be the main() method in this example.

BR,
Torsten