[Marble-devel] Using Marble library with Qt Embedded

Jeremie Scheer jeremie.scheer at armadeus.com
Tue May 22 14:13:12 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm currently trying to use a Marble library built against _Qt 4.7.4
Embedded x86_.

My application using Marble is built against the same Qt and is running
in a Qt Virtual Framebuffer with a QWS Server.

In the Qt project file, I simply added : /LIBS = -lmarblewidget/ to link
with Marble. And when running the application, I defined the environment
variable /LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/ where Marble libraries are
installed.

The problem is : when I run the application, before any instruction can
be executed, it crashes on :

QMutex::lock: Deadlock detected in thread 0x7f1fe30bb740

Here is my application code :

    #include <QtGui/QApplication>
    #include <marble/MarbleWidget.h>
    #include <marble/MarbleModel.h>
    #include <marble/global.h>
    #include <QWSServer>

    using namespace Marble;

    int main(int argc, char** argv)
    {
         QApplication app(argc,argv);
         QWSServer *sw =  QWSServer::instance ();

         // Create a Marble QWidget without a parent
         MarbleWidget *mapWidget = new MarbleWidget();

         // Load the OpenStreetMap map
         mapWidget->setMapThemeId("earth/openstreetmap/openstreetmap.dgml");
         mapWidget->setProjection(Mercator);

         mapWidget->show();

         return app.exec();
    }

If I build the same application (without the QWS Server) and Marble
against Qt x86, it works well.

Is there anything I did wrong with Qt Embedded ?

Thanks,
--
Jérémie Scheer
Software Engineer