[Marble-devel] Marble with offline OSM maps

Jeremie Scheer jeremie.scheer at armadeus.com
Tue May 15 12:29:15 UTC 2012

Thanks for your answers.

I'm a beginner with map and geolocalization tools, so there are many
things I still don't know.

> You might want to default to Mercator projection in Marble since that delivers
> the best speed.
How can you do that ? Is there a method in the code to default to Mercator ?

> It's trivially easy to preload the tiled bitmaps
Where can you find tiled bitmaps from OSM on the Internet ? Or OSM files
must be transformed to tiled bitmaps with Mapnik first ?

Now if I have tiled bitmaps, how can I use them in Marble library being
offline ?

Jérémie Scheer
Software Engineer
Tel: +33 (0)9 72 29 41 44
Fax: +33 (0)9 72 28 79 26
ARMadeus Systems - A new vision of the embedded world
http://www.armadeus.com