[Marble-devel] Using Open Street Map with proxies

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Sun May 13 17:31:59 UTC 2012

There's another possible cause that you might want to investigate:

Do you see an overview map in Marble? Is the ScaleBar there? Does the map show
a compass in the top right corner?

If the answer to all three questions is "No" then Marble doesn't find its
plugins. You probably installed them into a place where Marble can't find
them. Network-Access is also implemented as a plugin, so if the other
(compass, scalebar, etc.) plugins didn't install into the correct place then
you also lack Network/Internet access. This has no relationship to the Proxy-
Problem but if the proxy-settings seem to be ok then this might be the next
thing to investigate.

BR,
Torsten