[Marble-devel] Upcoming Freezes (2012-05-17)

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Fri May 11 13:17:34 UTC 2012

Hi,

please note that several KDE 4.9 release freezes -- most notably string
freeze and hard feature freeze -- will be in effect starting next
Thursday. Hence now is a good time to push the last changes you want to
see in 4.9 (Marble 1.4) and also to review all strings, especially in
areas where we did lots of refactoring or extended features.

Marble Touch will continue to be developed in close relationship with
git master, while following a different release schedule than KDE. I
plan to release its version 1.4.0 for the Nokia N9/N950 around the 4.9.0
release, but will focus on its development for the next Plasma Active
release (PA3). Rumors say this will be around late summer.
To avoid conflicts with the freezes in git master I'll create the branch
Touch/1.4 in the next days and continue its development there.

Those interested in working on Marble Touch for Plasma Active can find
some setup instructions in Techbase [2]. Note that you don't need a
touch device or too fancy dependencies, just kdelibs and kde-runtime
from KDE 4.9.

Regards,
Dennis

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.9_Release_Schedule