[Marble-devel] User interaction with data in a LayerInterface subclass

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Wed May 9 06:06:24 UTC 2012

On Dienstag, 8. Mai 2012 21:08:18 Amit Chaudhuri wrote:
> I want to be able to interact with individual lines or nodes by hovering
> with a mouse, double clicking or selection through a menu.  I want to show
> data such as a node code or a description when an item is hovered over.

Ideally the solution would be to use GeoGraphicsLineString  from
marble/src/lib/geodata/graphicsitem (This should work in a similar manner to
GraphicsView), but IIRC it lacks mouse interaction so far (we'd be happy about
patches that would provide this functionality though).

For its implementation (or for your own GeoPainter based one) you need a way
to interact with the drawn line though: In order to determine whether the
linestring  is "hovered" by the mouse you could use

 QRegion GeoPainter::regionFromPolyline ( const GeoDataLineString &
lineString,  qreal strokeWidth = 3 ) const;

which has been there for this actual purpose.

BR,
Torsten