[Marble-devel] Additional features

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Thu May 3 09:17:00 UTC 2012

Hi Steffen,

Am 03.05.2012 07:55, schrieb Steffen.Roeber at hella.com:
> Hi,
> is there any way in marble (C++ API) to get parameters like speed
> limits or number of lanes at a specific geo coordinate?

Currently not. We're working in that direction though while extending
our support for vector rendering of OpenStreetMap information, see e.g. [1].

At work I'm extracting speed limits from OSM in a C++ application based
on libosmscout [2] and some map matching algorithm. Note that implicit
speed limits need special treatment, e.g. [3].

Regards,
Dennis

[1]
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/anderpijoan/1