[Marble-devel] How to know when all tiles/data needed for rendering are available?

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Tue Mar 20 14:38:03 UTC 2012

Hi Friedrich,

You are touching a topic there that has been on the TODO since long.

It would be great if we had multiple dpi support.

As mentioned already using the tiles from higher zoom levels to create a high
resolution crisp map would only work for map themes without labels (e.g. the
satellite map). But it would be great if it would work for those cases (and
maybe get scaled instead for maps like the openstreetmap map theme).

But as you figured already there are lots of other things rendered by Marble
that would hugely benefit from dpi-support: Text Labels for GeoData objects,
Coordinate lines, All kinds of vector data displayed on the map, etc.
It would be cool if there was at least some initial rudimentary support there.

This is your chance to become the Hero of the Marble 1.4 release ;-)

BR,
Torsten