[Marble-devel] GSoC 2012 Marble Ideas

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Tue Mar 20 14:32:19 UTC 2012

Hi Rahul,

Yes, the .osm files would serve as tiles. That is exactly one of the major
parts of the project: Getting a "server prototype" running. Creating some
.osm tiles ready for use and having the client load the tiles automatically.

Of course there is more to it: Performance improvements and rendering
improvements. Have a look at the ideas page for details.

You would basically build on top of the excellent work that Konstantin did
last year. Did you have a look at the work he did and did you have a look at
the youtube video that demonstrates the .osm vector rendering support for
single files?

BR,

Torsten