[Marble-devel] Using Open Street Map with proxies [Solved] ....but wonder if diagnostics could be improved.

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 13:15:26 UTC 2012

Jens-Michael pointed me to ultimate answer with help from others along the
way (thanks all).  I was able to download the pac file to my system and
edit it using Qt Creator and then find a working proxy which cured the
problem.

This experience makes me wonder if Marble could benefit from an informative
error message to alert users of download failures due to not setting a
correct proxy.  It also makes me wonder about what the download progress
plugin works, because it reported a slow creep to 100% (over ~ 1 hour) when
trying but failing to download tiles when a proxy was not set but was
required.