[Marble-devel] GeoTiff

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Thu Feb 16 14:11:50 UTC 2012

Just a comment:

On Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2012 14:21:17 Javier Becerra - AUVA wrote:
> NB: it seems that gdal2tiles generates tiles with the y coordinate
> starting on the bottom of the map (as per TSM specs), and marble (OSM)
> expects them to have the y origin at the top of the map (or viceversa, I
> always end up messing that), so I transform the y coordinates in the
> images generated by gdal2tiles.py in order to get them at the right
> place in marble. BTW, I wonder if there is a way to tell Marble about
> this top/bottom origin in the DGML file?

So gdal2tiles has the same y-axis orientation as the tiling layout used in the
old NASA WorldWind tiling layout (I guess because they used gdal2tiles ...).
IIRC Bernhard Beschow ("shentey") worked on getting the NASA WorldWind tiles
displayed in Marble but I don't know whether it got supported in the end.

BR,
Torsten