[Marble-devel] Anyone able to build Marble QT Widget on Mac OS X 10.6 with QT 4.7.4

stefan at binaervarianz.de stefan at binaervarianz.de
Thu Sep 22 06:50:00 UTC 2011

Hello valued developers,

I've tried to download and build Marble as a QT widget yesterday, and
failed.

What I did:

sudo /Developer/Tools/uninstall-qt.py

downloaded and installed QT 4.7.4 libs for Mac
downloaded and installed cmake (Mac binary package)
downloaded Marble 1.1 via git clone -b marble-1.1
git://anongit.kde.org/marble

mkdir marble-build
cd marble-build
cmake -DQTONLY=ON -DWITH_DESIGNER_PLUGIN=ON ..
make

at first this failed due to an undefined function in an #ifdef block
testing for QT >= 4.7
I took a bold move and commented that line out. This should be
backwards-compatible after all.

make clean
make

Got until 69%, then just after a linking step the
build failed with tens of thousands of output lines to my console.

I'm away from my dev machine right now, so I can't report on the actual
error
(will do that in a few hours). So my question for now is:

Has anyone successfully built the QT Widget of Marbel with this setup?
Are there any general known workarounds needed (for Mac/for QT 4.7)?
Is something wrong with my initial attempts?

Sorry for the fuzzy details. I promise to deliver all the hard facts soon.
It's just that this one kept me up last night and I'm eager to get some
kind
of comment on this.

Best regards,

Chaos