[Marble-devel] Review Request: Elevation Profile Plugin

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Fri Sep 9 10:53:52 UTC 2011

Hi,

> did you made some progress regarding the hillshading tiles
> creation ?
>
> Florian,
> i am really interested in your plugin but updating from git master
> today i did not receive the new plugin.
> Is it currently not merged to git ?

It's not merged in. Niko Sams has worked on the same problem and has a
solution that is partially superior (we hope however that we get the best from
both patches :)

> Quaternion code:
> In routing gudiance mode i like to have the driving direction always
> upwards. Thorsten mentioned to use third parameter in
> Quaternion:fromEuler(...) methode.
> But i am failed to calculate the right value.
> Is there a parameter description avaliable ?
> Have i to calculate an angle in degree? or radians?

Classes that get exported and are considered the primary interface for the
user work in degree. Classes that deal with implementation issues work in
radians. So the Quaternion class should use radians IIRC.

BR,
Torsten