[Marble-devel] class FileStoragePolicy bug?

Florian Eßer f.esser at rwth-aachen.de
Thu Sep 8 08:06:04 UTC 2011

Hi,

while writing some Marble code with the ability to download files using
the HttpDownloadManager with a FileStoragePolicy, I always got a Linker
error "undefined reference to `Marble::FileStoragePolicy::
FileStoragePolicy(QString const&, QObject*)'".

I was trying to do:
m_storagePolicy = new FileStoragePolicy( "some/dir/" );

If I used CacheStoragePolicy instead of FileStoragePolicy, it suddenly
worked. So I compared CacheStoragePolicy.h and FileStoragePolicy.h and
discovered that the FileStoragePolicy didn't have a MARBLE_EXPORT in
it's class declaration. Putting it there (and including
marble_export.h) made my code work.

So, is this a bug or a feature?

Cheers
Florian