[Marble-devel] Preview Feature for Map Creation Wizard

Utku Aydın utkuaydin34 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 14:30:50 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I am planning to add preview feature to our Map Creation Wizard. The feature
will show the map-theme-to-be in a MarbleWidget.

First, I would like to know your opinion about if that's something needed.
Creating a map is not a very complex thing at the moment, users can delete
the theme and create it again if they are dissatisfied with the result.

My second question is related to its implementation. To preview the theme,
the wizard needs to create the whole theme and store that in a temporary
directory. In my humble opinion, that's not exactly what "on the fly" means.
There won't be any differences in the background with completing the wizard.
So my question is, is there any better way to do that?

Regards,
Utku Aydın