[Marble-devel] Re: Can't download maps for Mexico

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Sun May 29 00:20:55 CEST 2011

Hi Cinthia,

I updated the maps over the last days. They use newer OpenStreetMap data
now and include address data which Marble 1.2 and later will make use of
to search for addresses. While doing that I switched from cloudmade.com
to geofabrik.org as the primary data source since the latter has more
up-to-date data and provides them in pbf format. Unfortunately both have
quite a different understanding how to divide continents into smaller
regions, making it not straightforward to check our old maps against the
new.

To cut a long story short: I forgot Mexico in the new map set. I added
it now with fresh data, so go grab it while it's hot :-)
Thanks for notifying.

Regards,
Dennis