[Marble-devel] Re: Fwd: Re: kdeplasma-addons Marble wallpaper does not build

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Wed May 18 16:47:53 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 18 May 2011 16:10:43 Bernhard Beschow wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 18. Mai 2011, 15:08:29 schrieb Sascha Peilicke:
> > On Wednesday 18 May 2011 15:04:02 you wrote:
> > > I don't have time or energy to maintain the marble wallpaper.
> > >
> > > I think it should be easy, but it seems like marble keeps breaking
> > > their api. There are bug reports for it, so I assume it has users. I
> > > think the marble guys should fix it if they break api.
> >
> > I can only agree.
>
> I don't agree that the Marble developers should fix unfamiliar code in
> foreign repositories.
>
> > > In the end I don't use it and I don't have strong feelings for it.
> >
> > Me neither, altough we have quite a bunch of users (given the amount of
> > bug reports for wallpaper), so it should rather be fixed instead of
> > removed.
>
> FYI: Aaron has meanwhile fixed the wallpaper plugin. Thanks Aaron!

yes, thanks Aaron.
I'm sorry Bernhard but I can't give an opinion on zoom code being this or
that, I am just clueless. As did Ben, I was building stuff and noticed the
break (just before the beta tag) and it did not seem straightforward for me.

Aaron also asks if this can be moved to the Marble repository, which would be
more logical anyway. What do you think?

You're a bit harsh when you say you should not fix "unfamiliar code" in
"foreign repositories": well yes in fact you should at least care. This is
KDE, a team work :)

Best regards,

Anne-Marie