[Marble-devel] Re: Problem with map creation

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Mon Jun 13 11:17:08 CEST 2011

On Sunday, 12. June 2011 23:41:32 Mülner, Helmut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some more investigation: The effect of marble-1.1,

I haven't looked into this one yet, but I suspect a trivial fix: my guess is
that the fuzziness disappears if you click

View->Redisplay

Helmut, does this get rid of the fuzziness? If so then we can provide a very
simple fix:

My guess is that Marble 1.1 doesn't reset clean up the (volatile) tile cache
kept in RAM after tile creation.
As a result Marble caches scaled up versions of the lower zoom level tiles and
doesn't make way for the newly created tiles.

The best solution would be to clean the volatile cache after tile creation.
This can be done through a single call (in MarbleModel IIRC).
I'll check whether this "theory" is correct and I'll create a bugfix for that
within the next few minutes/hours.

BR,

Torsten