[Marble-devel] Re: Marble QML components

Dennis Nienhüser dennis at nienhueser.de
Sun Jul 31 23:35:48 CEST 2011

Hi Djuro,

please excuse the late reply. I'll put together a techbase article in
the next days that describes how to set things up. It's not too
complicated, but there are a couple of traps that easily get in ones
way. In a nutshell for a desktop system:
- Install qt-components
- Install qt 4.7.4 or later. Pointing LD_LIBRARY_PATH at a recent
QtCreator/libs directory is enough
- Grab the meego theme graphics from a running MeeGo emulator (Qt
Creator can start it, ssh at port 6666)
- Compile Marble from trunk. Choose the gsoc-2011-qtcomponents branch,
not master
- Include marble's lib/marble/plugins directory in QML_IMPORT_PATH
- Run marble-touch

Extending marble-touch to handle different device types is one of the
main goals, so help on extending it for that would be very cool.
Currently it's optimized for MeeGo on a Nokia N9*. I'll hopefully be
able to join the development here when my Galaxy Tab 10.1 arrives.
That'll be at the end of August as before I'm on a longer vacation.

I'm not sure about Windows 7 support. Marble should compile on Windows
7, no idea about qt-components. Same for the WeTab OS, so a virtual
machine might indeed be a good alternative to get started.

I'll give you a heads-up when I'm done with the article that details the
installation/setup.

Regards,
Dennis