[Marble-devel] Compiling Marble's python bindings on MS Windows

Yann Goudard marble at alleeduweb.eu
Tue Jul 19 17:36:58 CEST 2011

Hi,

Thanks to Simon Edwards, I managed to build Python bindings for Qt only
on Linux. I am currently trying to do the same on Windows.
Unsuccessfully until now.
I gave a try months ago with cmake but KDE's cmake modules were
necessary and I was not able to get them. Moreover the Marble source
code I used (Jan 2011) did not compile at all on Windows.
I am trying again this week with more recent source code (Marble 1.1.0)
and it works for all but Python bindings. I attempted to compile
bindings apart. I did not use cmake, instead I wrote a Python script
which calls SIP with the help of Riverbank documentation. I got some
results but it crashed before the end.
Has someone succeeded in compiling Python bindings for QT only on
Windows ? Any help will be appreciated.

Yann Goudard