[Marble-devel] Review Request: GeoData KML and GPX Parser: parse ExtendedData in gx:Track

Thibaut Gridel tgridel at free.fr
Sun Dec 18 11:23:21 UTC 2011

Hi,

replying to list as i couldn't upload patch in the review.

On Saturday 17 December 2011, Niko Sams wrote:
> > On Dec. 9, 2011, 11:04 p.m., Thibaut Gridel wrote:
> > > src/lib/geodata/data/GeoDataTrack.cpp, line 184
> > > <http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/103191/diff/5/?file=42953#file42953li
> > > ne184>
> > >
> > >     This implementation does not keep date sorted track, so breaks the
> > >     display of for instance satellite.

> > Thibaut Gridel wrote:
> >     Well, this method asks to add one point with a given timestamp
> >     (unlike the appendxx which barely follow a file parsing convention).
> >
> Sorry for the late reply.
>
> I understand the problem, but I don't get your proposed solution :/
> How do you suggest the data should be stored, and when should the sorting
> happen?

Attached is my patch which keeps the data that can be sorted so.
It should apply on your proposed one.

As I said, track should keep the idea of consecutive positions of a path.
Because it is valid to have points without time, file parsing providing the
context, we can't do much qSort or anything, but keep the QList simply
following the convention.

addPoint( const QDateTime &when, const GeoDataCoordinates &) permits to add
points at arbitrary time for example... I think we should support this.

Best Regards,

Thibaut