[Marble-devel] How does LayerInterface ask for an update?

Fri Aug 12 13:32:28 UTC 2011

I am porintg some old code that user the customPaint method to instead use
LayerInterface. The one part that i am stuck with is how does LayerInterface
inform the widget that its needs update?

Previously, with customPaint() as the whole paint and data to be information
to be painted was within the widget, i could simply call update() on the
widget. Now that i have modularized the code, and layers are separated from
the widget (they have no pointer to it) i was wondering how this is to be
achieved?

Am i misusing the API? I do not want to create a marble plugin and install it
into the marble install directories for it to work properly. Is there a
solution?
--
Cheers!
Kishore